Protections for people fleeing violence and persecution have long been written into domestic law and included in treaties signed by the U.S. government.
Sealing the Border documents violations of the rights and dignity of migrants and asylum-seekers by immigration enforcement agencies and officials in the El Paso and Southern New Mexico region of the borderlands.
About 60 million people around the globe have been forced to leave their homes to escape war, violence and persecution.
Bishop Mark J. Seitz, bishop of the Catholic Diocese of El Paso, published a pastoral letter entitled, “Sorrow and Mourning Flee Away: Pastoral Letter on Migration to the People of God in the Diocese of El Paso.”
Migrant: Stories of Hope and Resilience presents a range of migrant accounts that encourage readers to identify with the challenges migrants face, question assumptions about their lives and reasons for migrating, and tackle the complicated questions posed by our current immigration system.
What does the Bible say about helping refugees, migrants and foreigners? Fr. James Martin, S.J., explains that it’s pretty clear.
Catholic leaders, including Cardinal Peter Turkson and Archbishop José Gomez, reflect on Church teaching related to welcoming refugees.
A collection of prayers related to migration assembled by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
The rights of migrants (refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers, migrant workers, and internally displaced persons-IDPs) begin with the foundation of Catholic Social Teaching.
“Recovering the Human Face of Immigration in the U.S. South” is a joint collaboration between the Program for Immigration, Religion, and Social Change (PlRSC) at the University of Florida’s Center for Latin American Studies and the Jesuit Social Research Institute (JSRI) at Loyola University New Orleans.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Campaña por la Hospitalidad — Español
- Come to the Table Potlucks
- Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Français – Campagne pour l’hospitalité
- Hacer el compromiso: Quédate con los que buscan asilo
- Immigration Detention Center Pilgrimages
- Join The Campaign
- Light in the Darkness: Uniting in Prayer for Immigrant Families
- Light in the Darkness: Vigil for Immigrant Families
- Love Your Neighbor
- Send a Love Your Neighbor Note
- Share the love – Spread the word!
- Take Action
- Take the Pledge: Stand With Those Seeking Asylum
- Thank you for taking the pledge