“Recovering the Human Face of Immigration in the U.S. South” is a joint collaboration between the Program for Immigration, Religion, and Social Change (PlRSC) at the University of Florida’s Center for Latin American Studies and the Jesuit Social Research Institute (JSRI) at Loyola University New Orleans.
While it is impossible to fully comprehend what it is like to be forced from your home and live as a refugee, Jesuit Refugee Service/USA invites you to host a Walk a Mile in My Shoes simulation, which provides individuals and communities with an opportunity to pause and experience, if only vicariously and for a few moments, the frustrations, disappointments and hopes that refugees around the world face.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Campaña por la Hospitalidad — Español
- Come to the Table Potlucks
- Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Français – Campagne pour l’hospitalité
- Hacer el compromiso: Quédate con los que buscan asilo
- Immigration Detention Center Pilgrimages
- Join The Campaign
- Light in the Darkness: Uniting in Prayer for Immigrant Families
- Light in the Darkness: Vigil for Immigrant Families
- Love Your Neighbor
- Send a Love Your Neighbor Note
- Share the love – Spread the word!
- Take Action
- Take the Pledge: Stand With Those Seeking Asylum
- Thank you for taking the pledge